East Spring Branch Food Pantry is a complete volunteer organization, no salaries are paid. All volunteers work for the love of serving! The pantry is located at Holy Cross Lutheran Church, 7901 Westview Drive (at the southwest corner of Wirt Road). Click HERE to read about our new expansion. Click HERE to read about our award as Best Pantry in Houston. Click HERE to view a video with highlights about our 2018 Thanksgiving Meal in a Bag program.
Our hours of operation are:
- Monday: 11 A.M. to 2 P.M.
- Tuesday: 11 A.M. to 2 P.M.
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: 11 A.M. to 2 P.M. and 5 P.M. to 7 P.M.
- Friday: Closed
- Saturday: 10 A.M. to Noon
Information about our program is provided below:
- Visitors (i.e., clients) may request food nine times over any six month period.
- Clients and their family members are all registered, providing both “current” proof of residence and positive identifications.
- The amount of food distributed is based on the total number of family members (normally between 2 and 5 grocery bags per family per visit)
- Nutrition classes are held once/month for those wanting to know a better way to feed their families.
- Food is provided monthly to Adult Protective Services (APS) for their distribution to 48 families/individuals in serious need, who are senior and/or disabled.
- In total, 400-500 families with 1,300-1,800 total members receive food monthly.
- Annually, a complete Thanksgiving dinner is provided to up to 800 families, with about 3,000 total family members.