- Nutrition/Cooking Class – Peanut Butter Cookies – Thursday, December 14th, 1PM – 2PM – limited to first 12 guests
- Merry Christmas – Pantry closed – Saturday, December 23rd – Tuesday, December 26th
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Monday: 11 AM to 2 PM
- Tuesday: 11 AM to 2 PM
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: 11 AM to 2 PM
- Friday: Closed
- Saturday: 10 AM to 12 PM
- Sunday: Closed
- The East Spring Branch Food Pantry has been serving the local community since 1980.
- We currently operate as a client choice model.
- Clients and their family members are registered in the Houston Food Bank’s online system. We ask that clients bring ID for all family members and proof of residence to help the registration process go smoothly.
- Each client shops with one of our volunteers as they choose food to fit their family’s specific needs. This allows for volunteers and clients to interact and less waste.
- Clients may visit pantry twice/month (including Food Fairs).
- The amount of food distributed is based on the total number of family members (normally between 2 and 4 grocery bags per family per visit).
- Food is provided monthly to Adult Protective Services (APS) for their distribution to 48 families/individuals in serious need, who are senior and/or disabled.
- East Spring Branch Food Pantry is a completely volunteer-run organization, meaning no salaries are paid. ESBFP has approximately 150 volunteers.
- For information about special events (nutrition/cooking classes, Food Fairs, and Thanksgiving dinners), click HERE.
- For information about donating, click HERE.
- For information about volunteering, click HERE.
- In October 2023 served an average of 84 families/day.
- Through October 2023, we have already served over 11,900 families and 43,500, which is more than we did in 2022, distributing approximately 370,000 pounds of food.
- In 2022, we served over 9,700 families and 34,500 individuals, distributing approximately 420,000 pounds of food.
- In 2021, we served over 8,000 families and 30,000 individuals.
- East Spring Branch Food Pantry has been awarded the Good Neighbor Award by SBISD every year since 2010.
- In 2015, East Spring Branch Food Pantry received the Bandini Award from the Houston Food Bank for being the most outstanding food pantry in Houston.
The pantry is located at Holy Cross Lutheran Church, 7901 Westview Drive (at the southwest corner of Wirt Road).