- High School Hunters for the Hungry – Meat Donation Drive – Saturday, January 28th, 10 AM – 11:30 AM
- Nutrition/Cooking Class – Thursday, February 9th, 1 PM – 2 PM – limited to first 12 guests
- Nutrition/Cooking Class – Thursday, March 9th, 1PM – 2 PM – limited to first 12 guests
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Monday: 11 AM to 2 PM
- Tuesday: 11 AM to 2 PM
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: 11 AM to 2 PM
- Friday: Closed
- Saturday: 10 AM to 12 PM
- Sunday: Closed
- We operate as a client choice model. Each client shops with one of our volunteers as they choose food to fit their families specific needs.
- Clients may visit pantry twice/month (including food fairs).
- Clients and their family members are all registered, providing both “current” proof of residence and positive identifications.
- The amount of food distributed is based on the total number of family members (normally between 2 and 4 grocery bags per family per visit).
- Nutrition/Cooking classes are held once a month.
- Food is provided monthly to Adult Protective Services (APS) for their distribution to 48 families/individuals in serious need, who are senior and/or disabled.
- 600-700 families shop in our pantry each month with 1,800-2,300 total members receiving food.
- Food Fairs are held approximately 10 times per year, serving an average of 200 families and 800 individuals each.
- Annually, a complete Thanksgiving dinner is provided to over 1,000 families and 5,000 total family members. In 2022 over 64,000 pounds of food was distributed for Thanksgiving.
- In 2021 we served over 8,000 families and 30,000 individuals.
- From January – November 2022, we served over 9,000 families and 31,900 individuals.
- East Spring Branch Food Pantry is a completely volunteer organization, meaning no salaries are paid. ESBFP has approximately 150 volunteers.
- For information about donating, click HERE. For information about volunteering, click HERE.
The pantry is located at Holy Cross Lutheran Church, 7901 Westview Drive (at the southwest corner of Wirt Road).