The pantry provides food free of cost to families in urgent need. East Spring Branch Food Pantry is a complete volunteer organization, meaning no salaries are paid. We have approximately 150 volunteers who serve on a regular basis. All volunteers work for the love of serving! We are always in need of volunteers and welcome you to contact us about one of the following volunteer positions:
Volunteers perform tasks such as greeting clients, interviewing and registering clients, and assisting clients shop in the pantry. Our volunteers commit to serving the same day each month. Our regular volunteer hours are:
- Monday: 10:30 A.M. – 2 P.M.
- Tuesday: 10:30 A.M. – 2 P.M.
- Thursday: 10:30 A.M. – 2 P.M.
- Saturday: 9:30 A.M. – 12 P.M.
SPECIAL PROJECT VOLUNTEERS
Volunteers are needed to pick up food (pick up truck needed) at various locations and for substituting for regular volunteers.
HIGH SCHOOL VOLUNTEERS
- Students are occasionally needed to help sort canned goods during the spring and fall when we have school food drives.
- Students are needed to help distribute food during Food Fairs. These are usually held one Saturday morning a month.
Volunteers are needed for special programs such as Thanksgiving Dinner Distribution, Liaisons with the schools for the Thanksgiving project and food drives.
TO VOLUNTEER: Please email email@example.com.
The video below shows short interviews with some of our Thanksgiving event volunteers from 2020.